Now that you are about to pop, you may be wondering what what are the things to pack in your hospital bag to deliver your little bundle of joy. It can be scary to think about leaving out anything important, especially since you will not be able to go back to your home easily to retrieve it.
Fret not, we have prepared a checklist of key things to pack in your hospital bag. Most importantly, do ensure you have your bag ready packed 1 month before your EDD, just in case!
- Personal Identification Documents (e.g. NRIC), for paperwork processing at the hospital
- Cash / Credit Card to make payment at the hospital
- Phone and/or Laptop charger
- Toiletries, such as toothbrush, toothpaste, and facial cleanser
- Hair Ties, to keep your hair out of the way
- Glasses/Contact Lens
- Disposable Undergarments, so you can change it daily in the hospital
- Nursing Bras, if you are breastfeeding
- Maternity Pads, for added protection and greater absorption for heavy post-natal flow
- Change of clothes when you leave the hospital, remember to pack something more lightweight and comfortable
- Compressions Socks / Socks, to wear when you are in the hospital as it can be cold
- Postpartum Stomach Binder, which you can wear after delivery to hold your abdominal muscles together and support your pelvic floor
- Nipple Balm
- Entertainment items if required, such as as book or iPad
- Comfort items, such as a soft toy or your favourite blanket
- Change of clothes when on the day of discharge i.e. Baby Onesie, Baby Socks, Baby Mittens, Baby Cap
- Swaddle, to wrap the baby when leaving the hospital
- Baby Handkerchiefs, to use throughout the hospital stay
- Car Seat
- Change of clothes throughout the stay, to stay refreshed
- Entertainment items if required
- Snacks & Drinks
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to the friendly team at Confinement Mama to enquire on anything!
Now that you have finished packing your hospital bag, do also remember to prepare for the Arrival of your Confinement Nanny, and other Baby Essentials.